Saturday, April 4, 2009

Reflection upon my own experience as a reader, its influences on me.

I used to read fairy tales and fables from various countries when I was in the primary school. I enjoyed reading fairy tales and used to imagine myself to be in the main character's shoes. I, however, am ashamed to admit that I didn't quite get into the reading mode when I went to secondary school. In secondary school, I was more into studying for exams. Most of my time was spent practising my maths or memorizing facts related to history, geography or science. I would get very upset if I did not do well in my exams. I do read newspaper, magazines and the occasional storybook, but nothing substantial to affect or influence me. In retrospect, I feel the fairy tales and fables did have some subtle influence on me; that truth and honesty prevails and that good people will somehow or rather attain happiness in the end. That concept has spurred me on to be a good and honest person; based on my own standards, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment